The Cartner Christmas Tree Farm is a family owned and operated business in the Blue Mountains of North Carolina. We have been serving select garden centers and independent retailers across America for over fifty years.
The Cartner Christmas Tree Farm has been growing high quality Fraser fir Christmas trees for wholesale and choose and cut customers since being founded in 1959 by Sam and Margaret Cartner. The farm is now managed by Sam Sr. and his three sons, David, Jim, and Sam Jr.
David Cartner is a lawyer and practices with his wife in Asheville, NC. On the farm, David is responsible for sales and shipping logistics.
Jim Cartner owns and operates a veterinarian clinic in Statesville, NC. Jim visits the farm throughout the year and assists with order loading during harvest.
Sam Cartner is a veterinarian and Director of the Animal Resources Program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He makes frequent trips to the farm and visits customers throughout the year.
Ronnie Beam is the Field Manager. He implements the production aspects of the farm and is directly responsible for selection and tagging as well as equipment maintenance.
“Fraser Firs have become the first choice among our customers for cut trees. We began selling Fraser Firs from the Cartner Family Farms nearly 20 years ago. Although there are frasers everywhere, the quality does not compare to the Cartner’s trees.”
—Brian, Lawrence, Kansas
Quality & Service
We know our quality must be superior for you to compete with the “Big Box” stores and others.
- We fertilize your trees in the spring and again in the fall to ensure a deep green color.
- During the summer months, your trees will be uniquely and individually hand pruned specifically leaving long sturdy branches for your customers to hang ornaments.
- Prior to harvest, we check your trees once again to ensure high quality.
- We offer high quality #2 quality trees so everyone can afford a real tree.
- Pests are continually monitored so your trees remain insect-free. Learn about our integrated pest management techniques.
- During harvest, your trees are watered daily and protected by shade to guarantee the freshest tree possible.
Being a family business, we understand the needs of a small business.
- We strive to post current pictures of your trees on this website.
- We allow changes to your order up until your order ships giving you flexibility and peace of mind.
- When we ship your order, we stress good communication with fax, phone, and email to prevent lost time and money when your order arrives.
- We offer financing after a credit application.
As a pioneer in the Christmas tree industry we take pride in our commitment to provide fresh quality Fraser Firs with excellent customer service. If you are not happy with the quality of our product or our service, please contact us for a quick and positive response. We appreciate any comments and feedback. Please send correspondence to email@example.com